All IT organizations need a cost-effective and scalable system for managing their IT assets from acquisition all the way to retirement. Known as IT Asset Management (ITAM), these IT asset management systems can maximize the value organizations receive from their assets—which can represent up to 50% or their total assets (or 80% of your capital purchases)1.
IT Asset Management traditionally has been expensive and labor-intensive—but not anymore!
Traditionally, ITAM has required large teams (and substantial warehouse space) focused on functions such as:
- New Hires
- Vending Machine Support
- Inventory Management
- Donation Support,
- EOL Refresh.
Performing these functions manually was clearly labor-intensive and very expensive—but it was required to achieve needed-levels of asset visibility, control, value and inventory optimization.
Out with the old, in with the Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management
This old, labor-intensive model of IT Asset Management is now obsolete. Using modern
automation techniques, we can deploy and operate large-scale IT asset management systems where no IT resource physically touches an employee’s device until it needs a hardware repair or reaches end-of-life. All IT asset management steps—from procurement, imaging, deployment, software provisioning to, ongoing support, reverse logistics and other functions—take place via automated systems or our partners At Milestone, we call this approach Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management. It is the future of IT asset management.
Advantages of our Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management service
Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management provides several significant advantages over traditional IT Asset Management including:
- Experience anytime/anywhere support for end users – From home or at the office, field office or customer site, etc., employees can change their
work locations as situations warrant
- Enjoy better end-user experience with reduced lead times -Employees can get to work faster thanks to reduced lead times for new devices and status alerts in all stages of the asset management workflow
- Save time and money with improved management capabilities – With ITAM, companies can experience dramatically lower labor, inventory and warehouse
costs through better asset management capabilities
- See a 360-degree view of all your asset management lifecycle -ITAM brings companies superior visibility and accountability to your assets through all lifecycle stages
- Flexible, anywhere repairs – Due to the adaptable nature of our modern IT asset management services, (most) IT workers involved with IT Asset Management can work from any location
Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management works by organizing the work into six basic steps:
- 1.Collaborative Procurement, End users interact with an AI-based intelligent purchasing assistant to order a new device
- 2.Workflow OrchestrationWorkflow Orchestration, where automated systems process the order and submit it to a fulfillment vendor
- 3.Zero Touch Imaging, where a vendor prepares the device and ships it directly to the end-user
- Device Reception, End users receive their devices, plug it in and automatically download and configure the software
- Troubleshooting, Where, if necessary, AI-based virtual service desk and human agents work with the user to resolve problems
- End–of–Life Dispositioning, End user returns the device to corporate for disposal, recycling, or redeploy
Discover more about Milestone’s Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management Service
At Milestone, we help clients implement Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management as a managed service. We also consult with them on building their own systems.
Find out more about our Near Zero Touch IT Asset Management, by downloading Milestone eBook Near Zero Touch IT Assets!