Milestone is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Milestone Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Milestone website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Milestone Technologies is the data controller in respect of employee data and is headquartered at 3101 Skyway Court, Fremont, CA 94539.
Collection of your Personal Information
Milestone may from time to time collect personal information, such as your Name, E-mail address, Company Name, Telephone Number, Your Role/Occupation, How you heard about us,
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Milestone. This information can include: your IP address, This information is used by Milestone for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Milestone website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personal information through Milestone’s public message boards, this information may be observed and used by others.
This website may contain links to third party websites. Such websites are not under Milestone’s control. Milestone encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Milestone so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Milestone is not responsible for how those websites may use your personal information or for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Milestone and Milestone family of websites.
Use of your Personal Information
Milestone collects and uses your personal information to operate the Milestone website and deliver the services you have requested. Milestone also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Milestone and its affiliates. Milestone may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Milestone does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Milestone may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Milestone may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Milestone, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Milestone does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Milestone may disclose Personal Data to other third parties only if those third parties need to know such data only for providing specific services as laid out in customer contracts with the specific customers. The third parties in this case must agree to use of Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by Milestone.
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients for the purposes laid out above, including:
- To third parties who we engage to provide services or benefits to us or to you, such as professional advisers, auditors, insurers and outsourced service providers (e.g. payroll services providers, health insurers and pension trustees);
- To other members of our group or affiliates;
- To third parties, their agents and professional advisers, subject to confidentiality obligations, for the purpose of a due diligence exercise by third parties in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in, or promote or underwrite or manage any such arrangement;
- To competent regulatory authorities and other bodies as requested or required by law;
- The third parties must agree to provide adequate protections for the Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy
- Milestone Technologies may also disclose Personal information for specific purposes to other Third Parties when the Data Subject has consented to or requested such disclosure.
- From time-to-time, Milestone may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Milestone keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Milestone, in order to determine what Milestone services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Milestone to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Milestone Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Milestone or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Milestone; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Milestone, or the public.
The Milestone website uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Milestone pages, or register with Milestone site or services, a cookie helps Milestone to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Milestone website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Milestone features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Milestone services or Web sites you visit.
If you are accessing this website from the European Union, Milestone may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognized by the European Commission as providing an equivalent level of protection for personal information as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that Milestone does so, Milestone will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with its obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. Further details of the measures that Milestone has taken in this regard are available from Milestone using the contact details below.
Security of your Personal Information
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Milestone secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected by using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
The nature of the internet is such that Milestone cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us online. However, Milestone takes all steps required by applicable law (including appropriate technical and organizational security measures) to protect your personal information.
If you are accessing this website from the European Union, you may have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed as to whether we process your personal information and where that is the case to provide you with other information about that processing;
- the right to access your personal information;
- the right to request the rectification of your personal information where such is inaccurate;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal information;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to receive your personal information, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing; and
- where our processing of your personal information is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of these rights, contact Milestone using the contact details below.
Milestone will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes Milestone collected it for.
Milestone’s retention periods differ depending on the type of categories of personal information held. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, Milestone takes into account various criteria including considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which Milestone processes your personal information and whether Milestone can achieve those purposes through other means, the impact on our services we provide to you if we delete some of your information and the applicable legal requirements such as mandatory retention periods. In general, Milestone will hold your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you and for a period of time after as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law and, if relevant to deal with any complaint or dispute that might arise between us.
Changes to this Statement
Milestone may periodically update this Privacy Statement to reflect any changes in the processing of your personal information. Where material changes are made to this Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our website indicating that we have updated the Privacy Statement and will indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was last updated.
Milestone welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you believe that Milestone has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact Milestone using the contact details below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
We can be contacted:
- by post: Milestone Technologies, Inc.3101 Skyway Court Fremont, CA 94539
- by visiting our website at https://www.milestone.tech/contact-us
- by email at email@example.com