Maintaining A Cost-Effective, Well-Run IT Service Desk is a Challenge for Many Organizations
IT service desks are supposed to provide well-informed, single points of contact for users to resolve issues and submit service requests. But IT departments often struggle to deliver them.
- Growing companies discover their current staffing model no longer scales and cannot support company expansion.
- Expanding companies reach the point where they need 24/7 coverage, but cannot afford the huge increase in staff needed.
- Organizations under financial pressure determine their service desk costs are too high and need to be reduced.
- Benchmarks show service levels are inadequate, but the company does not have the resources or expertise to fix them.
- An incident such as a pandemic, natural disaster, or security breach requires a significant increase in capacity.
- The company has chosen to outsource, but their current supplier is not providing sufficient service.
- An event such as an acquisition forces a change in service desk delivery strategy.